The purpose of Kids Academy is to provide a creative learning experience for children in a Christian environment. We seek to provide an atmosphere in which children can grow spiritually, socially, mentally, physically and emotionally to his/her fullest potential and support parents as they provide the same atmosphere at home.
Our Kids Academy offers a developmental program designed to help children develop to their fullest. Our philosophy is that a child’s growth, emotional and mental well being is best promoted by teachers who love, teach and care for children in a way that demonstrates God’s love and care. This concept is more that just a religious ideal it crosses all denominational lines.
In a supportive and loving atmosphere, we observe that children quickly respond, showing love and care for each other.
- To help a child grow spiritually:
- A curriculum based on a Christian foundation for younger children will be an integral part of all weekday ministry programs.
- The child will be introduced to the basic concept of faith that is appropriate for the child’s age.
- To help a child grow socially:
- Children will come from all walks of life without preference for any one race, creed, or socio-economic group.
- Children with special needs will be accepted whenever possible to give them the experience of being with other children and give the child who has no exposure to special needs children an opportunity to develop understanding that we are all different and that each of us is special.
- To help a child grow mentally:
- Teachers will have prior training or experience in early childhood development so that they might understand each child’s individual development and abilities to learn, and apply this knowledge to their classroom work.
- Teachers will be required to continue their training and update their skills on a regular basis.
- To help a child grow physically:
- Quality nutritional meals and snacks will be served.
- Good health habits and nutritional responsibility will be an integral part of the program curriculum.
- To help a child grow emotionally:
- Special attention will be given to the hiring of persons to work with the children who present the model image we wish to provide for the children, and to give each child several models from which to learn.
- Special attention will be given to promoting positive self-concepts in each child.
- To reinforce the quality of family life:
- Parent enrichment programs will be conducted.